- Your first day in treatment, which comes with rehab center intake, must be the easiest day of one’s treatment. This is the day to get settled in, learn where everything is to see what is expected of you. You are asked many questions related to your addiction and treatment. Anticipate to answer them as honestly as you possibly can and cooperate fully with all the staff.
- The intake process generally begins with the initial telephone call you create towards the treatment facility. Ask as much questions as you’re able to to get a good understanding about what they do therefore the processes they use. Probably the most common questions individuals ask is: “What is rehab like?” Whenever you arrive, you certainly will most likely meet one-on-one with a professional counselor. You will be inquired about your drug history and what you’re intending to accomplish while you’re in rehab. You will need to explain when you began using and in case there was any issue you had that caused you to start using drugs. Tell your counselor about any underlying health issues which you have. This is especially valid if you have a psychological disorder or if you are increasingly being treated for depression. The counselor will be able to assess the severity of your addiction centered on your answers to those questions. It also helps the therapy center determine the perfect plan of action for the treatment. Each treatment program is tailored to individuals’ needs centered on their intake information.
- When you speak to a counselor during rehab center intake, you’re going to be given a complete physical in order to assess your physical wellness. You’re going to be asked to take a detox test, that will determine if you’ve got recently used drugs or alcohol. If you test positive for drugs and alcohol, your first step into the treatment process is supposed to be detox. If you should be currently neat and sober, you will go directly to the procedure program. You’re going to be necessary to give details about your medical background. Let the medical professional determine if you have any underlying medical issues such as for example high blood pressure, asthma or hepatitis.
- The facility should be responsible for your medical care, and additionally they could even provide you with additional testing to gauge your health problems. Provide them with any prescriptions you have got. They will certainly maintain the medications into the pharmacy at the facility, and they’re going to make fully sure you get the desired medications each day. You simply will not be permitted to keep them to you. You may meet regularly with physicians who will monitor your problem.
GOING RIGHT ON THROUGH YOUR THINGS
- When you meet with the required individuals for check-in, you will be taken fully to your living space where a counselor is certainly going through your packed bag to you. He or she will check all your valuable belongings to make sure you don’t have drugs, alcohol, weapons or other things that are prohibited. Many facilities will require cellphones, computers or any other communication devices. It’s always best to check beforehand to see what items they allow and what things you really need to leave the house.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
The list of items which you may be allowed to have whilst in treatment varies in one facility to another. There are standard things that most facilities will not allow you to have. You can ask someone because of this information throughout your rehab center intake or before you go. It is an excellent idea for you know very well what to pack if you are planning to rehab.
Samples of things you should leave in the home include:
- Over-the-counter medications that have now been opened
- Alcohol or drugs
- Bed linens
- Musical instrumentsv
- Electronic devices
- Excessive makeup or jewelry
- Food or drinks
- Revealing clothing
- T-shirts or any other clothing items that promote drugs or alcohol
- Large amounts of money
Items that you really need to bring with you include:
- Seven days’ worth of casual, comfortable clothing
- Current prescriptions
- Laundry supplies
- Hygiene items
- Electric shaver
- Shaving cream
- New, unopened, over-the-counter medications
- Alarm clock
- Calling cards
- As soon as you get checked in, you will be given the possibility to eat dinner and relax in your room. You are invited to participate in if a group meeting is within progress. In the event that you require medical assistance, it is now time that it will be given.
Make certain you read our full article about Rehabilitation Centres!